Art Wolfe’s 2017 Year In Review!
Every year I sit down both personally and with my staff to reflect on the year’s projects as well as the photographs from locations new and revisited. I can’t believe how much we were able to fit into 2017, and although I’m starting off 2018 recovering – very swiftly and beyond expectation, I might add – from foot surgery, I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish in 2018!
Here are many of the highlights from the past year:
• We added new content to the website to give you more reasons to check back in with us! Where’s Art? was a segment we created as part of our new Multimedia page. It’s great to give you slide shows from my travels, but adding a voice to each unique trip brings something new to the table. Stay tuned for new editions from Mexico and Hawaii!
•I’ve begun doing portfolio reviews, with a few different packages to choose from. If you purchased one over the holidays and have submitted your photos, they are my focus for the current and coming weeks!
• We had several terrific workshops here in my stomping grounds of the Pacific Northwest and Alaska: Columbia River Gorge, Abstract Astoria, Glacier Bay and Katmai National Parks, and over on the Olympic Peninsula at Olympic and Mount Rainier National Parks, as well as Lake Quinault.
• On to the rest of the world, I traveled to Point Reyes National Seashore, Nunavik, Greenland, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Sulawesi, Hawaii and Mexico. Phew! I won’t go into any graphic details about any flesh-eating bacteria I may or may not have contracted during a spring trip to Chad. . .
• I brought Photography As Art to the following cities: Austin, Atlanta, Portland, Scottsdale, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington DC, Dallas, and Seattle. Check out 2018’s current slate of cities with more likely to be added!
• I was honored to present at Mundologia in Germany early in the year, and on that same trip visited Germany, Finland, Iceland and Norway on the Northern European Winter Photo Tour. I also delivered a Keynote address at the North American Nature Photographers Association Annual Summit and Trade Show – the next one will be happening in Las Vegas in February of 2019.
• An outdoor exhibit of Vanishing Act took place in Hamburg – what a great way to see your work displayed!
• Three new books were contracted with my publisher, Earth Aware Editions. A new edition of Earth Is My Witness was released in the US and UK, and new French and Italian editions of Witness and the New Art of Photographing Nature were also published.
• Amazon added the first season of Travels to the Edge to their offerings on Prime streaming video!
• Photos and more photos! You can find my 2017 slide show here; from clicks and comments, it seems like your favorites were a bit different, with an emphasis on the Lofoten Islands. Hmm, perhaps I should schedule another workshop there. . .
• I’m in the process of planning my schedule for the next three years; keep an eye on my events page as well as the blog to stay up to date!
Myself and the staff wish you a healthy and prosperous 2018!